Fall has come quickly and the girls just finished their first full week of school for this year. We're back to our routine and it feels good at the moment.
• We are anticipating Halloween and I started gathering the materials for a spider and a bat. The girls decided on a spider and a bat the day after last Halloween. I can't believe they didn't change their minds to an Olaf or a princess in all that time. Claire and I decided she needed some sequins on her spider outfit. 50 cents a yard - oh yeah - we'll take 8 - one yard for each leg!
• I was pleased with the wreath I made this week. We needed something Fallish - I used sticks and yarn and of course some hot glue. What would we do without hot glue.
• The penguin obsession is still strong around here. As I type I'm listening to Bea and Claire and best bud Mabel playing a game where penguins fall into an oil spill. The stuffed penguins fall down the stairway into the oil and then they have to be rescued by being lifted back upstairs in a basket with a string tied to it. Every time a penguin has an unfortunate oil accident the girls yell "PENGUIN IN THE OIL SPILL!" And then they have to wash him off in another basket upstairs.
Bea made those four little penguins earlier this week.
• Claire told us the other day, while we were riding in the car, that when Bea is mean to her it makes her heart feel like it popped. Brian and I keep thinking of her popped heart and it breaks our hearts. She is so expressive and, yes, sometimes it's not easy being the little sister.
• The cold came so suddenly this week and the girls got excited about it. Bea put jeans on (this is a big deal since she has been wearing the same two skirts all summer) and they both put their winter coats and hats on. The house went from hot and sticky to a nice cozy warm over night. Brian made the girls steamed milk with caramel flavoring - his traditional wintertime treat.
• I got out the ping pong set and attached it to the dinning room table. It works out nicely since we don't eat in there very often. We let the girls stay up a little late because they were having so much fun playing with Brian. Claire was even happy to be the ball girl.
• I grabbed a diet Coke while I was in the checkout line at Joann Fabrics. I didn't realize it was one of those with a name on it until I got home and Brian noticed his name was on it. Huh.
• Hope you had a good week too.